Top Tips for Losing Weight (and keeping it off)Author: Oksana Aron, MD Source: Weight Loss NYC Sep 29, 2020
Dr. Aron has compiled some of her favorite weight loss tips to help you lose weight and maintain a lifetime of healthy habits.
- Written Goals - Remember your 12 reasons? That’s just our way of getting you started. You can and should review and update this list as you see fit. Ask yourself what motivates you, and what results you seek.
- Observe Your Habits - Do you dine at the table, or grab and go? How much of your eating is mindless? Take stock of yourself and then reflect on habits you'd like to change.
- Water - Drink before meals to fill up, and between meals to steady your appetite. But also water for its own sake, as your body really needs it to manage and maintain itself. Pro tip: your kidneys can only process 1L per hour, so don't overdo it.
- Healthy Favorites - List good, nutritious foods you like and plan them into your week -- when shopping, meal planning, or even on the go. Tuck in a salad for lunch or dinner each day. Veggies every meal - Brunch and munch with broccoli or spinach. Make the flavors fun and mix it up!
- Fresh Produce vs Juices - Fresh fruits and veggies have lots of fiber to balance out the sugars and complete the nutritional balance. Try to eat minimally processed produce as often as able.
- Protein Balance - Ignore fad diets. Just include 4 ounces of quality protein each meal, to aid in satiety and to ensure proper balance for your health.
- Fat Friendly - Notice what oils you're cooking with and also the types of fat you're inclined to be eating. Avoid trans fats, minimize saturated fats, and seek out healthy natural oils in your diet.
- Fill in Fitness - Mainly, avoid sedentary life, get up and move around, even if its just household chores, or on the go errands. The cumulative effects of regular activity are far better in the long run than bursts of random fitness. That said, find fitness activities you do enjoy, and work them into your daily or weekly routine.
- Sleep it off - Truly the easiest and most overlooked weight loss, or even health tip, is to get enough sleep, regularly.
- Patience - Give yourself the slack and the time to make these changes, in their own time and in your own way, to ensure a lasting healthy lifestyle. Equally important is to not let others sabotage your weight loss agenda. Find workout or even lunch buddies, who share your goals and will help each other stay on track and motivated.
Dr Aron Medical Weight Loss Program
Dr Aron can provide you with a personal program to reach your weight loss goals via the structures and clinically provens methods she uses. Visit her weight loss practice website at WeightLossNYC.com and start losing weight today.
Once you’ve focused on making healthy eating changes, then you can start to incorporate exercise, which will make you feel good and help you boost your metabolism.
Labels: diet, fitness, health, healthy foods, weight loss