FDA Tells Consumers to Stop Hydroxycut UseAuthor: Oksana Aron, MD Source: Weight Loss NYC May 11, 2009
The Dangers of GimmicksThe FDA is now warning consumers to stop using several Hydroxycut products because of their connection to serious liver problems. Iovate Health Sciences, the company that distributes the products, has agreed to remove them from the market.
Health problems reportedly due to Hydroxycut product use include jaundice, elevated liver enzymes, liver damage requiring a liver transplant, seizures, cardiovascular disorders and muscle damage, and they have also been linked to one person's death as a result of liver failure.
Don’t Gamble with your LifeThe 14 Hydroxcut products being recalled by the FDA include:
- Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix)
- Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Liquid Shots
- Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
- Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
- Hydroxycut 24
- Hydroxycut Carb Control
- Hydroxycut Natural
Hydroxycut products are marketed as dietary supplements that assist weight loss, fat burning, energy and water loss. Anyone experiencing side effects from Hydroxycut products is asked to report them to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program.
Source: FDA.gov; May 1, 2009
Lose Weight SafelyLearn how to lose weight safely via our ;medically supervised weight loss program. Visit WeightLossNYC.com now.
Labels: death, diet pills, fda