Here's how to fill your plate and not gain weight:
Turkey--no larger than a deck of cards
Two starches (i.e. sweet potatoes, dinner roll)--1/2 cup serving each or the size of a computer mouse
Vegetables--the rest of your plate
- Choose a smaller plate so you don't fill up on too much.
- If you're going to be a guest at someone's house and expect a smorgasbord of unhealthy offerings, try filling up on fresh greens at home beforehand so you don't overeat.
- Select sides you only get to eat once a year.
- Start eating the veggies first, then the turkey and sides.
- Go for a walk after the meal. Don't just sit around!