Tis the Seasoning
[H]earty fall recipes make for a delicious autumn [treat] or Thanksgiving dish. …easy to prepare and packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals—essential nutrients that boost the immune system, improve heart health, and reduce your risk for chronic disease.
Simple Butternut Squash Soup
Autumn is a special season with hearty options for your table. Quick and easy butternut squash soup! 165 cals/bowl. Vegan soup suitable for low fat and other diets.
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 1 hour, Yield: 3 cups
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and light oil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, keeping the skin on. Scoop out seeds, optionally saving a few for roasted garnish.
- Lay halves face down on baking sheet along with any seeds. Accompany with lighty chopped carrots and onions. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove seeds, carrots and onions, bake the squash for another 30 mins or unti soft enough to scoop.
- Scoop out squash into bowl, discard skin. Mash the squash then move to a blender along with the carrots and onions.
- Blend on high - add 2 cups of water and seasonings (see ingredients)
- Pour into a soup pot to stir and warm up before serving. Add roasted seeds for garnish.
Ingredients: One butternut squash, 3 medium carrots, 1/2 medium onion, 2 cups water, Seasonings: 1/4 tsp white pepper, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Nutrition:165 calories, 4 grams fat, 3 grams protein, 20 grams carbs
Weight Loss Nutrition
Visit Dr Aron Medical Weight Loss Center at WeightLossNYC.com to learn more about her medical weight loss program and how it may benefit you.