Swap This, Lose That
Looking for an easy trick to cut calories? Substitute some of your favorite foods with something just as delicious (or even more so) that’s less fattening. You’ll find yourself satisfied—and slimmer—in no time. These are a just few examples, but don't stop there. Always be on the lookout for other ways to swap something not-so-healthy for something that’s great for you.
Bye-bye, Orange Juice ~ Hello, Real Oranges
- Eating an actual orange has 3 more grams of fiber and half the sugar of a cup of orange juice.
Adios, flour tortilla ~ Hola, corn tortilla
- Swapping a 10-inch flour tortilla for a 6-inch corn tortilla can save a lot on calories and sodium.
Say No to the Sandwich ~ Say Yes to a Wrap
- To cut calories, try a 100-calorie multigrain wrap instead of a sandwich with 2 slices of bread.
Ditch the Cinnamon Roll ~ Go for Raisin Bread instead
- A better alternative for a sweet snack, try some raisin bread with low-fat cream cheese.
Skip Mixed Nuts ~ Opt for Trail Mix
- Too large a serving of nuts can be fattening, but if you choose trail mix with the right heart-healthy ingredients, you can shave off some calories and fat.
Lose Weight Every Week
Small changes like these can help you lose weight, one pound at a time. Want to make a big change and lose even more? Please give Dr Aron Medical Weight Loss Center a call at 718-491-5525 for your first appointment.