How to Lose the Pregnancy Weight NowAuthor: Oksana Aron, MD Source: Weight Loss NYC Nov 7, 2011
Lose the Baby Weight
Caring for a new baby is all consuming, and losing weight is probably the last thing on your mind right now. Enjoy those first few months to bond with your baby, but don’t neglect yourself—or your weight loss goals—during that time either.
Now is the time
“It’s very critical that you do get the weight off, because if you don’t it has been associated with overweight and obesity 15 to 20 years later in life,” says Debra Krummel, PhD, RD, endowed professor in the University of Cincinnati Department of Nutrition.
Lose pregnancy weight the safe way
If you want to reach a healthy post-pregnancy weight, it’s vital to do so in a healthy manner with the assistance of a medical weight loss doctor. That way you can make gradual progress by following a diet plan that’s monitored by your physician. You not only reach your target weight, you’ll also have plenty of energy stored up to take care of your child.
The Power of Mom
These lose pregnancy pounds fast tips can help get you started.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Breastfeed if you are able to, which can help you lose weight faster
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and speed your metabolism
- Exercise as soon as you are physically able to (with your doctor’s OK). Even light exercise a few days a week makes a difference.
- Get enough rest when you can. One study shows that new moms who sleep five hours or less a night were more likely to hold onto their extra pregnancy weight than women who slept seven hours.
Call WeightLossNYC™ today, 718-491-5525
Contact us once you are no longer nursing. We can help you quickly lose the excess weight gain from your pregnancy. Enjoy your new baby!
Labels: 718-491-5525, diet plan, lose weight, pregnancy, weight loss, women