Slim Down with SoupAuthor: Oksana Aron, MD Source: Weight Loss NYC Feb 26, 2010
Fiber it up
A diet high in fiber is satisfying and curbs your hunger. One easy and effective way to include it in your diet is to dine on something that may already be in your cupboard – and that’s none other than soup.
Often containing about 100 calories per serving, soup is healthy and usually packed with plenty of vegetables and fiber. This helps you fill more satisfied than less healthy foods, and keeps you from consuming too many calories overall.
Here’s the skinny on how you can slim down with soup:
- Go for the low-fat and low-sodium version to make it extra healthy.
- Add beans, lentils, additional veggies or tofu to create a more fulfilling meal.
- Steer away from creamy soups and head straight to the broth-based ones.
- Try a fiber-packed bowl of soup before a meal to prevent overeating.
- Can’t find the right soup to satisfy your hunger and taste buds? Make your own healthy homemade version.
Hungry for More?
Learn about Weight Loss NYC weight loss program, and how Dr. Aron can provide you with the structure you need to achieve effective weight loss.Cite About.com
Labels: appetite, calories, cravings, hunger, portion control, self-control, weight loss